Thursday, May 23, 2019

Quilter's Planner May Blocks

I took some time Wednesday afternoon to make the two blocks for the Quilter's Planner sew-along. I'd been keeping up really well, so I didn't want the month to get away from me before getting these done.

I really have enjoyed making these blocks, and have done a good job of keeping the mess under control. My past experience with sew-alongs is that they result in fabrics and messiness strewn from one end of the sewing room to the other. I have made the extra effort to keep this project under control this time. The picture below shows my storage tub; I keep all the fabrics and finished blocks contained in the tub.


The blocks are getting bigger! This month they measure out at 10.5 inches. Below are all the blocks to this point. May's blocks are the biggest. (There are two of each except for that star on the bottom.)


Here are some closer looks at just May's blocks.




The fabric I am using for this project is Memoire a Paris by Lecien. It is all left over from a 9-patch quilt I made in early January. The resulting quilt will have a wonderfully soft, dreamy, romantic quality; perhaps my anticipation of this is what keeps me on deadline with this sew-along.

That's all for today, Peeps! Have a great Thursday!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!