Sunday, May 19, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been a wonderful day here! Our daughter's 34th birthday is today, so we met her and her husband in Columbus for brunch. We had a slow, leisurely meal at a lovely spot in Worthington - The Whitney House.

And I don't have a single picture to show for our great morning.

Since getting back home this afternoon, we watched the Indians take a win against the Orioles, and I proceeded to purge and straighten up my pantry closet. I had lots of very seriously expired food in that pantry.

So now here we are at the evening, and after I post this I intend to get comfy in front of some interesting Sunday night television with my needle, thread and Lake Effect hexies.



I took some time this week to lay out all the sections I've sewn together. It looks quite a mess, and it makes me wonder how it will ever come together. I have partial hexies to attach, for sure. I imagine I will actually even UNSEW some of these, even though I was sure I counted correctly when stitching them together. And I have a lot of papers to remove from the backs of all these hexies. That will be a job, won't it?

I am very close to turning my focus solely to the center section. I will cut the panel for the center applique piece, finally get down to work on the applique, and then stitch those hexies around the panel. That will be a HUGE step. I estimate that I could be completing this center section before I go back to school for fall semester. That could be my goal. Yes, I think that will be possible, so now let me see if I can accomplish it!

As usual, I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts and her Slow Sunday Stitching party.

Hope you have had a great Sunday!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, your Lake Effects hexies look quite the project...looks fabulous. What an amazing job you have done thus far in stitching all those itty bitty bits together. How clever of you!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!