Thursday, May 2, 2019

Lovely Gifts

I am quite remiss in recognizing a sweet gift I received in the mail about a month ago.


I will attempt to explain this acquisition as simply as possible.

Long-time readers will remember my friend and former CHS student, Amie. She made the awesome postage stamp quilt and had a great story of collecting fabrics for it. Well, her friend Deb, has been de-stashing. I do not know Deb, but if she's a friend of Amie's, then she is sure to be top-notch.

Amie contacted me to see if I would be interested in taking ownership of a few of Deb's embroidery kits. Amie had seen my recent posts about my renewed interest in embroidery, so she could foresee a match made in heaven. I definitely was interested, and that is how I was on my way to being a lucky recipient of Deb's de-stash patterns.

Soon, a squishy package arrived in my mail from Deb. What an unexpected treat! It hadn't occurred to me that she would send it herself; I supposed Amie would take care of the transferring business. (Just goes to show I don't know what's going on, half the time.)

My apologies that pictures are limited for all this, as I was a total failure at recording the story from here. Suffice it to say, the top kit, a redwork Christmas design, is one I definitely want to do. Maybe not this year, or even next, but I can see this on my radar screen sometime down the road.

The other kit is a set of 9 different designs that combine coloring and embroidery to make some darling gingerbread houses - again, a Christmas design. I opted to pass these along to the girls in the quilting group (The Frankfort Girls), and at our last meet-up, Becky took them home with her. At least one or two others expressed interest, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them passed around a bit from time to time.

Below is a group picture of the girls from a few months ago. Becky has the kit, but Jan is also interested, and possibly others.


Bless you, Deb! And Amie, too! I know of several Ross County gals who are going to get hours of pleasurable stitching thanks to your generosity!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!