Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Long Arm Room Decor

No one has ever accused me of being in a hurry about things. The long arm machine has been up and running in its upstairs room since November, and I just yesterday at last hung the wall decor I'd been accumulating. This nationwide self-quarantining business has me accomplishing all sorts of projects.

So we are going to take a tour of this wonderful space. Click here for a look at before pictures. In that post, I describe elements that won't be mentioned here, like the quilt cupboard and the Sunbonnet Sue quilts.


This mirror-front medicine cabinet is my only actual purchase for this room. Back in January, DH and I spent a day scavenging 2 or 3 antique shops in Chillicothe. I saw this little cabinet, but didn't buy it. I went back about a week later to take a picture of it. It had been marked down by 20%! It remained in the back of my mind for another couple of weeks, at which time I decided that I wanted it. I returned with the thought that if it's still there and still discounted, I would get it. Ta-da! It now resides centered above that sweet little dresser. The small tobacco basket is one I've had for years.
  

The view from standing in the door to this room is what you see above. On the left are 5 letter boards spelling out Q-U-I-L-T. This was a gift from Terry in our gift exchange at Christmas. The little heart-shaped baskets came from Sharon O. in the same exchange. The crate is one I've had. In it I've placed two ironstone creamers/pitchers.

On the other wall is a sign board that was a gift from my sweet friend Sharon P. I will try to change up the message on a regular basis; for now, I just put on the message that was shown on the packaging. It says "This is my happy place." That works quite accurately. She got this message board at JoAnn Fabrics, and the box indicates that additional letter packages are available.


At the opposite corner of the room I have hung two hexagon shelves that were given to me by my Frienzie Pam and her husband Charlie, a beekeeper. He made the shelves and used them in his Farmer's Market display for the honey he sells. I really lucked into them. All a matter of being in the right place at the right time, actually. He was tired of lugging them back and forth to various markets, and wanted them gone, and I just happened to be there, sooo... I knew they'd work great in this room.


I have had a long-time hobby of collecting pitchers and pretty dishes. I put two colorful pieces on the shelves, and will be scoping out possibilities for the remaining spaces.


This simple folk art angel deserves a spot in this room. Many, many years ago, my dear late grandmother gave this to me. She wasn't really a gifty sort of person, typically. There were so many grandkids; she could have spent a small fortune on trinkets for all of us. However, I was the oldest grandchild, and we shared the love of quilting, so I really think we had a pretty special connection.


Just inside the door, above the light switch (and to the right of the medicine cabinet), I hung this little 5"x7" framed sentiment. All the Frankfort girls have one, gifted by Jan. We saw/shared this from Facebook, and Jan took the initiative to print it out and frame it for all of us.


Here's a better angle of the wall described above. The ironstone creamers are more visible; I would like to find something a bit taller to fill that space a little better.

You may have noticed the quilts hanging over the long arm bar. Those are the four - 4!! - quilts I currently have in the queue. I may get started on knocking those out today!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Sooo lovely. (Yes, I had to refrain myself from typing ‘sewww lovely). Neutral has been my favorite for 50 years now. We painted our living room a soft yellow three years ago and itching to repaint to a soft mellow white with light taupe ( on the grey side). Hubby loves the yellow. But I’m gaining ground. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is beautiful! I keep telling myself I need to decorate my quilting room, but it hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!