Sunday, March 1, 2020

Hello March!

Oh, the excitement of a new month!! I just love getting a fresh new start every 4 weeks!

I have been procrastinating about getting my students' essay rough drafts read and graded. Instead, I have been dreaming about the quilting I will accomplish this month!

For sure, I am going to return to working on Diagonal Madness, the Kaffe Fassett quilt I started back in the fall.

I have about half of it constructed and it hangs on my design wall, brightening my surroundings. You got a glimpse of it in this picture I shared a few weeks ago. It's hidden by the ironing board, but you can certainly see how cheerful it is.


I definitely plan to quilt at least two quilts on the long arm, but as yet I do not know which ones those will be. One will go to a newlywed couple, and one will go to a baby. I could actually easily do three, as I have two baby quilts on my to-do list.

I have a bit of catching up to do on the Blockheads sew-alongs I am attempting to do. BH3 is the currently active one, but I have BH1 and BH2 that I want to finish, so we shall see how all that goes. The biggest problem with so many sew-alongs is that the sewing room becomes so messy. Too many fabric tubs and collections. It's hard to stay on top of it, for sure.

Here is my 2020 goals list. I see one that interests me - #19 - a two-color Irish chain. Maybe I will tackle that this month. It would be fast and therefore easily accomplished.

Let's get this month started off on a positive note!!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Kaffe quilt! Looking forward to progress on him. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!