Friday, March 20, 2020

Sew-Along Blocks

Sheryll announced our block for this month when we Frankfort Girls last met. Friendship Star. Today I took the opportunity to make mine -- two in the main colorway and one in the 30s prints.


I debated on making the center red, but opted against it. I had no particular reason, and now that I see it with the other blocks, I think it is just perfect
.

All the blocks stretched out on the guest bed. This is going to be a really gorgeous quilt. I am already eager to know what the block for next month will be.


Look at how simple that block is and it goes to show that a block does not have to be complicated to be pretty. Making 3 of these took me practically no time at all.

Yes, I have a third one - the 30s quilt I am making with the same set of blocks. One each for this one, as opposed to two in the red and cream. I am leaning toward piecing setting blocks for this one in a stepping stone pattern.


My intention when we started this sew along was to make a trial block. As it turned out so pretty, I have continued making trial blocks each month, and when we get to November for out final block, I will have enough to make a quilt. I may have to make a couple extra, but these have been so simple, I don't see that as being a problem. Add in the stepping stone setting blocks and Presto! A 30s quilt!



Happy Friday, Peeps! One week of coronavirus quarantining down! We are adjusting!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Both set of blocks are lovely, you're going to have a couple beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!