Friday, March 27, 2020

Bragging Time

Do you mind if I take a moment to brag on daughter Erin? It's been awhile since I've said much about any of my kiddos, but Erin made a baby quilt, and I now have all the pieces of the process to share.

Of course, beginning with the cute part makes total sense. Baby Sophia is now 7 months old and her momma (Erin's sister-in-law) shared this adorable bundle of preciousness on social media. Wouldn't you just love to hold and squeeze her? I bet she giggles all over; she looks like such a happy baby.

No doubt the quilters who follow this blog also noticed an interesting bit of a quilt folded over the back of the chair. Erin made it! I have pictures saved here from last spring when Erin was working on this quilt and knew that eventually I would be able to share.



Gorgeous florals and soft coordinating solids comprised the fabrics Erin selected for the quilt. I love that she chose the 9-patch block. That is such a versatile block. It is simple, great for a baby quilt, and can look quite sophisticated with gorgeous fabrics. Winning all the way around.


Blocks laid out on the dining table. Controlled scrappy look, I would say. Erin has a designer's eye, so I am sure she took great care in where she placed certain colors and prints.


The completed quilt top called for a picture to mark the accomplishment. It sure is a beauty!


Then to the hand-quilting. I can remember having her sit beside me to try hand-quilting when she was a teenager. I was certain she would take to it, but NO! She was outa' there after about a dozen stitches. Perhaps a seed was planted that day, though, because these stitches put mine to shame.


Here are a few random shots Erin sent of her finish. Check out the scrappy binding and the label.





I'm thinking that most of the print fabrics are from AGF, including the backing. Just beautiful!

I am so proud of Erin and her quilt-making. Click back to see this one she made about three years ago for Sophia's big brother.

I began this post with cuteness and I will close with cuteness. Erin always has a trusty helper nearby when she's working on a project. Assistant Rocky is never far from the action.




He's proud of his quilt, or maybe he just adores his human. Either way, he sure is a handsome boy.

I had a big technological breakthrough yesterday after the moaning I shared here. I feel so much better now about "distance learning" -- it does not seem quite so daunting now as it did before. After that success, I made great progress in the quilting room. I have some awesomeness coming in the next few days!

Hope you all are sheltering in place, minding your social distance, and doing your part to flatten the curve. (So many interesting phrases coming from this pandemic.)

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!