Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Peachy Reveal and Audiobooks

Given an extra week of spring break, encouragement from state and federal officials to "social distance," and a few good audio books, a gal can do a lot of sewing. I am happy to reveal the quite unexpected quilt top I finished off yesterday.


I'm calling it Peachy Surprise, because it was never a quilt I planned to make, and I rarely choose to make anything quite so orange-looking. Every picture I've taken of it looks orange, however. I prefer to call it 'peach' because in person it has a softer hue than true orange.



It's not a very big quilt as you can see. It is stretched out on a queen size bed in the photos and comes just to the sides. It measures in the neighborhood of 59" square - I should have measured it before I put it away.

The way Peachy Surprise came together has been recounted in previous posts. Click here and here for details.

One sure way for me to stay focused on sewing is to have a good book queued up on my Overdrive app. I listened to two while making Peachy Surprise: Foreign Influence by Brad Thor and The Dutch House by Ann Patchett. 


The Thor books are easy listening, fast-paced, "good guy always wins" sort of espionage. I have listened to many - maybe 8 or 9?


The Patchett book is our book club read for later this month (I hope we are able to meet!). I won't say too much about it for that reason, but it was read by Tom Hanks, so if there is ever a movie made of this book, then I pretty much have to see him as one of the leading characters - either Danny or his father.

Today's list of possibilities:
1. Work on square-in-a-square scraps, or
2. Load a quilt on the long arm, or
3. Hang my collection of wall art in the long arm room, or
4. Work on Diagonal Madness. 

Those are just the sewing-related options. I have plans to continue working on my "alternate delivery system" for the two OU-C freshman comp classes. On the home front, I could run a load or two of laundry. And I need to call Dorothy for a hair appointment.

Hope you are all handling our new normal with patience and calm. I'm sure it is extremely trying for many.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. WOW - look at you go! That HAS to be a record for putting together a quilt, especially one that you had no idea you were going to make. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt turned out very nice. Hope the online teaching goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!