Thursday, February 25, 2021

Changing Directions

I finished the quilt top for our sew along last evening. Gosh it looks fantastic. I will show you the pretty creation on Monday when we officially kick off our sew along event. Click back through recent posts to see bits of it. (This is teasing at its best!)

So what to do with myself between now and then? I have two other projects on my radar - the blue Kaffe Fassett stars and the red and white stars. I've made blocks for each of those quilts and their respective tubs are close at hand in the sewing room. I could so very easily immerse myself in either of those and be just as happy as can be. With a couple of audio books in the queue, I could spend hours stitching.

But other needs are rather pressing at the moment. In the adjoining room, sits a Tin Lizzie long arm quilting machine, and I need to be cranking out some quilts. Four top candidates are draped across the bars in this picture.

The one I am likely going to do today is the little baby quilt on the far end. Something small will be just the ticket for getting my muscle memory back for working free-motion quilting designs. I have backing ready to go, and by evening I could be applying the binding.

The other three quilts here also need to be done. One is way overdue for a wedding quilt (they've been married more than a year now!); one is for an upcoming wedding, and the t-shirt quilt is the commission that must be finished by May. I'm sure all of these are pictured somewhere on this blog; I will share more complete pictures once they are quilted. 

Soon. 

That's a promise. 

Yes.

Start with the smallest; get my groove going, then bing!bing!bing! Knock out those other three like a pro. Well, maybe someday I will do them this effortlessly; currently, I'm still a tentative novice. 

The only way to move beyond novice is to practice. Make some true effort to master this business. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!