Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Sew Along Prep

We are less than a week away from the official start of the sew along. March first is the day we begin, and since that is a Monday, I am going to try to make Mondays my day to check in with fellow sew along stitchers here on the blog.

Before I get to the details of the sew along, let me first tell you about the gorgeous weather we are having. After weeks and weeks of colder than normal temperatures and many inches of snowfall, we are at last experiencing a warming trend here in southern Ohio. Check out these sunny pictures taken just outside our back porch. Refreshingly warm at around 40 degrees.



 

Sharon was here yesterday and gosh, did we get a lot of sewing accomplished! She is still working on her French General version of Lucy. She took a big step by finishing the 25-patch blocks and began the half-snowball blocks. Her hope is to be constructing the quilt top by our next sewing day. I can't wait to share pictures of her Lucy; it will look so very different from mine.

Before allowing myself to work on the sew along, I needed to finish the last border on the t-shirt quilt. It is now ready for quilting. Could I possibly have this quilt finished a full 2 months before the deadline?? It might happen!

The rest of the day was spent on the sew along. I finally completed a rather thorough recipe for sew along stitchers. For as much math as is required in quilting, I am forever counting, recounting, and then recounting my recount.

That first official post coming on Monday will detail a whole lot of numbers for 4 sizes. I am fairly confident in my figures; I did tell Sharon that perhaps all my figures should come with an asterisk indicating no guarantee of accuracy. *grin*

Finally, I put away the pencil and paper, and got to sewing! Have a look! Sashing strips of the prettiest green, and cornerstones of a sweet little calico. I simply love the combination.



With a good stretch of sewing time today, I could have this quilt top together. I am making an 8x9 quilt (72 9-patches). I am so encouraged by how the early rows are looking. I can't wait to show you!

If you are at all interested in a sweet, easy little diversion in the sewing room, why not join us? You can click back to these earlier posts - here and here - for how we hatched this virtual project. The difficulty level is about as basic as can be - any quilter who can cut 2.5-inch strips and squares and can make 9-patches will feel no stress; it's all about the visiting while we create a very easy, yet beautiful quilt.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!