Friday, February 5, 2021

Sharon's Lucy Quilt

 


Same pattern. Totally different look.

You may know that Sharon and I are working on making a Carrie Nelson pattern called Lucy; it is in her book called Farmhouse Favorites.

Mine has been chronicled here in a couple of previous posts (here's one), and I've teased all week about sharing the version that Sharon is making. The teasing will have to stop; this quilt is going to be amazing!

Sharon is using a variety of French General fabrics in mostly cream and red. The fabric across the top is a gray-beige for her snowball blocks. Below is another look. Can a bad quilt come from such gorgeousness? I think not.

Here are some shots from the cutting phase of the process. Ooohs and aaahhhs!


 

And after a day of sewing yesterday, Sharon has blocks! She got 24 blocks finished; here are just a few. They are spectacular, and I am totally loving how the change of fabrics changes the entire look. We quilters know this happens, yet each time, I marvel when I see it.



I am sewing my rows together and will have a completed quilt top very, very soon. Lucy has been a great first-of-the-year project for the two of us. 

I am so energized to stitch. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!







1 comment:

  1. I love red and white and French General! Lots of cutting going on there! Going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!