Sunday, February 28, 2021

Slow Stitching to Finish February

 Last day of February! Winter is waning, and spring is just around the corner! Yippee!

We had a dreadfully cold and snowy February, and this last week has provided just the hint of warmer weather we so anticipate. We still have patches of snow on the ground, but for the most part it has all melted and is draining away, invigorating dormant roots into soon popping up fresh new growth.

The quilting room has been abuzz all month with new quilt tops, scrap containment, long arm quilting, planning future projects, and gearing up for our sew along. Big news on that will be the topic of tomorrow's post, so be sure to come back.

Today, it feels good to just relax awhile with needle and thread. I am happy to report that I am working on the last applique panel. Very soon all the vines will be done. I do not remember doing it, but when I prepped the vine on the panel I just finished, I must have also prepped the vine on this one. So I will finish the vines then move on to leaves and berries. The very last bit I'll do is the two remaining birds.

My basket is one I recently emptied of scrap fabrics in my ongoing efforts to bring some order to scrap situation. I wonder if you have heard of Longaberger Baskets? We in Ohio claim the company as a homegrown product, although I believe they are no longer in business locally, but have been acquired by a New York-based company. My husband's hometown is near Dresden, the original home of Longaberger. Have been through there countless times.

But I digress.

I am linking up with the fine ladies over at Kathy's Quilts weekly party, Slow Sunday Stitching. Won't you go have a look around? 

Tomorrow we officially launch our little sew along. Are you going to join in? It would be lovely if you do. The beauty of this sew-along is the lack of any pressure. You can begin when you like; make your quilt as big or small as you like; finish when you like; be as randomly scrappy as you like; or be as controlled and orderly as you like. A stress-free endeavor, for sure. More tomorrow!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



3 comments:

  1. I love Longaberger baskets! I could never afford one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Longaberger basket is fabulous! How lovely to have your pretties sitting in it waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several Longaberger baskets. My mother bought them then gave them to her daughters. Great progress on Lake Effect, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!