Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Stargazer Quilt

When fabric designers release new lines of fabric, they frequently also release free quilt patterns for customers to download. Stargazer is one such pattern. I first heard about Stargazer a few years ago from a couple of quilting friends. Designed by Edyta Sitar, it can be downloaded from her website Laundry Basket Quilts.

Several months ago, I laid this pattern out alongside a layer cake with the intent of whipping it up in a spare moment or two. Once I read the directions more fully, though, I realized one layer cake wouldn't come close to being enough fabric. The quilt is made entirely of HSTs using the 10" layer cake squares.

The original layer cake I intended to use was Lumiere de Noel, a Christmas line from French General. I had a bright idea to pull another FG layer cake, also a Christmas line, called Fa la la la la. Such a happy accident bringing these together. They'll make a beautiful quilt.


 I matched up the pairs, drew on the diagonal lines, stitched 'em all up, cut, and pressed them yesterday. Today, I play. Yippee! It is going to look amazing!


This quilt was not on my goals list for 2021, but it should have been. I am so excited to be making a fast, easy, and sure-to-be gorgeous quilt.

Stay tuned for the reveal. Could it possibly be as soon as tomorrow?

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. I've got Stargazer downloaded! You are good at searching out free online patterns, I've gotten several leads from you including Moda Love. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!