Friday, February 26, 2021

Well, Pfffttthhh.

Talk about a day that was a big fat bust - yesterday. Zero. Epic fail. 

I loaded the baby quilt onto the long arm, as planned. I fired up the Tin Lizzie, and daggone if that control was malfunctioning - AGAIN! This was the exact same problem I was having when I last took the machine in for repairs. The problem was evident from the 'needle down/needle up' routine that brings the bobbin thread to the top. I wasn't even able take one stitch on the baby quilt.

Grrrrr....

I stewed about the predicament for awhile, then called Terry over at the McArthur Quilt Shop. He'd just fixed this in January, for goodness' sake. From that last repair, I could very easily describe to him the issue, and his 'fix' - replace the sensor - so he wanted to take another look. That's what we've done this morning.

 

Have you ever seen the inner workings of a sewing machine or quilting machine? Here ya' go! Above, we are looking at the 'mother board' or computer chips that control needle up, needle down, start, stop, speed and a couple more things. He'd replaced a sensor in January, but with a used one. Today, he installed a new one.

Here's the other side of the machine - the electrical side, I'm thinking. He had to plug in the sensor here on this side, thread it through the machine, and insert the computer chip on the side shown in the picture above.

Terry, a mechanical genius, is behind my machine, checking the connections. We started her up and she did what she was supposed to do when I pushed all the buttons in question.  Thank goodness! Now, I hope I am in for a good, long stretch of long arming!

No charge. 

He didn't charge me for the hour or so that he spent fixing me up. Thank you, Terry.

The drive time to and from McArthur is about 2 hours. After the umpteenth trip over there for various needs, it becomes inconvenient. Hopefully, now, all systems are go. The machine is back on the frame, and here in a little bit I am heading back upstairs to quilt that baby quilt. 

Life's little curve balls - we all have them, and many have them worse than this, so I can totally deal with such little hiccups.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 



1 comment:

  1. Oh Jayne, I feel your pain. I am so blessed. Clay cleans my D1 and has modified my Handi Quilter frame and added lights. I do not know what I would do if I was at the mercy of a repairman. But so happy that your machine is fixed and read your next post. Love that baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!