Monday, February 8, 2021

Introducing Lucy!

With a good stretch of sewing time on Thursday and Saturday, I am finished with the Lucy quilt top. She is a looker, for sure. Those wild and rollicking drifts of spring blooms really give this quilt life. 

It is hard to discern the color of the background fabric in these pictures, but it is light blue, not white or cream. All the snowballs are the same solid light blue. The border background is a tiny print of bright blue on creamy white. Here are some close-ups of the two fabrics alongside the florals.


 

The color in this photo still does not show the true blue of the fabrics. Oh well, you will just have to trust me on this; the light blue solid is perfect with these sweet floral prints.

Draped over the ironing board for its first full pressing, the depth of all those prints shows up pretty well. (And maybe the background looks sorta' blue?) The prints with the dark backgrounds are like shadows in a garden. Alongside the prints with light or white backgrounds, it's as if we are strolling through a cutting garden with the most colorful variety of blooms. 

 

I have not given any thought to what I will use as backing fabric on this quilt, but I do know that I will use one of these florals for the binding. I have two that were not fat quarters, and either of those will provide ample yardage for a binding. 

What a fun project to start the year. Sharon is working on her version of Lucy, and I will continue to bring you updates on her progress. She keeps apologizing for being slow, but don't we all know that there is no race? Enjoy the making; regardless of how long we take to finish a project, we must enjoy the making.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





3 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!