Thursday, February 11, 2021

Christmas Stargazer Reveal

There's something incredibly satisfying about starting and finishing a project fast. The speed with which this quilt went together really sends my creative juices into overdrive. I pulled out the pattern and layer cakes on Sunday evening, and by Wednesday this flimsy was finished.

 


Using just two layer cakes, Stargazer was a cinch to make. The hardest decision was pairing up the beautiful prints and making sure that I had the correct number of combinations - light/dark blocks and light/light blocks.  

I'd had the two layer cakes for years and years. One was dated 2008; the other unknown. I suppose French General has a database of their fabrics and the release dates. Suffice it to say, these fabrics look better in a quilt than stacked in packaging and hiding in a drawer. 

Here are a few more shots of the quilt and closeups of the fabrics. The last pic will show you how excited Gracie the cat was about the new quilt. *grin*




 

In the last post, I alluded to being unable to focus on the big project of the blue Kaffe Fassett star quilt I want to make. I think that is because I know what I ought to be doing - I agreed to make a t-shirt quilt for a local woman whose son will graduate in May. I might be procrastinating a little bit.Go figure.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Making a quilt with 10" squares really goes together fast. Now get her quilted and get the T shirt quilt done so we can see the Kaffe project. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!