Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Off On a Tangent

Often,when I've just finished up a rather big thing, I find that I have a hard time moving my focus on to the next big thing. I have the attention span of a squirrel, and seem unable to concentrate fully on anything. Instead, I find small, mindless projects that really were not on my radar, but were close at hand or piled up on the side.

Speaking of mindless projects, since the beginning of the year, even through all the Lucy construction, I have steadily continued to cut scraps. I have a bit of a workstation set up off to the side of my cutting area and when cutting yesterday, I came across a small basket of scraps from a 2019 project. (Yeah, I leave stuff like that around. It's why my sewing room always looks like a hurricane disaster zone.)

Some of the most mysterious things turn up in these "digs." I sorted all the bits in the basket, cut scraps for the designated sizes, and unearthed a sandwiched project that had some machine quilting.

This light blue is one side of the sandwich, and below, the darker blue is the other.

I have no idea what this was intended to become, but today I decided it could become a zipper pouch. So I finished the quilting and set to work to design a little bag.


And about an hour later, I was able to photograph this little sweetie. Coming in at 7.5 inches by 4.5 inches, it's not a very big pouch, but I suppose I can find some very essential items to carry in it.

Two purposes were accomplished here: first, I dealt with some scraps from an old project; second, I created something useful. I made the whole thing up - not that a zipper bag is all that complicated - but I did try a new-to-me technique, zipper tabs. These give the bag a more finished, polished look.

The next major project is my Kaffe Fassett Falling Stars quilt. Until I am ready to tackle it, have a few other less involved things to work on while I muster up my focus.

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!