Sunday, April 25, 2021

T-Shirt Quilt Finish

Finishing feels so good.

You know the feeling of finally finishing a job that has been looming over you? For me the relief is palpable. As a teacher, I felt this when I finished grading a particularly large set of essays or finished a semester or school year. In the quilting room, finishing a customer's quilt ranks up there with a similarly huge sense of relief.

The high school graduate who will be receiving this quilt has been exceedingly active in sports, theater, clubs, and civic activities. His mother provided me with a great variety of shirts in very good condition. The quilt top went together quite easily, and has been ready for quilting since the end of February.


Look at the size of this quilt! Twenty-five shirts makes quite a large quilt. This is spread out on a queen-size bed, and the overhang is sizeable. It measures roughly 95" square.


Our school colors, you may have guessed, are purple and gold, and we are the Tigers. I was very fortunate to find some great gold fabric for the sashing strips. And how fantastic is that purple tiger-stripe fabric? I used it as cornerstones, borders, backing, and binding. And I used nearly every inch of it. What a game of puzzling it together! Gracious, was I creative!

So I am posting very late on Sunday evening, but I do want to get a post up for today. And tomorrow you will get the weekly update for the Spring Dreams Sew Along. Maybe a little later than early morning - perhaps around noon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!