Thursday, April 1, 2021

Hello April!

 

What a cheery month April is! I am always so glad to welcome April as I love just about everything about it. Flowers, leaves, freshly mowed lawns, birds, blue skies, warming temperatures, open windows, gentle breezes - a lovely month, in every way.

So I wonder what I will find to get up to this month? You can bet that there will be a good bit of stitching, both on the regular sewing machine and on the long arm. Here's a quick list of my stitching plans for the month. Scroll down a bit for a few related pictures.

Long Arm: 1~T-shirt commission; 2~a long-overdue wedding quilt; 3~Spring Dreams (original); 4~Patriotic Dreams

Sewing Machine: 1~red and white stars; 2~KF's blue stars; 3~blue and white Irish Chain; 4~scrappy WIP; 5~Lunch Box Social (A Kim Diehl pattern)

Those are some lofty goals, for sure, but if I get even some of them done, then it's all good. A lot of it will be done at our upcoming retreat which promises to afford me lots of dedicated machine sewing time; we'll just have to wait and see about all that long arming! *smile* More retreat details will be covered in a future post. 

Spring cleaning is also on my list. I was never one to be very devoted to such a concept, but after cleaning all our windows last spring, and then enjoying the difference it made, I intend to do them all again this spring. The first really warm, breezy day will see me intent on cleaning off a year's worth of grime. Additionally, I foresee some general 're-fresh' efforts - new pillow covers for various beds and couches, perhaps some new curtains, a changing out of some quilts on beds, perhaps new wall art in some key spots. 

In addition to retreat details, upcoming on the blog is some fun stuff related to our Spring Dreams Sew Along. I have had correspondence from two friends who are participating - they sent pictures and some narrative info that I will pass along. And can you believe this - ideas have been percolating in my head! I feel some new projects taking shape. If I can get those firmed up, that can be an upcoming post, too.  

Here are pictures to go along with the two lists above.

The long-overdue wedding quilt.

 
Scrappy WIP (work in progess)

Inspiration pic from internet: Blue Stars/Kaffe Fassett fabrics

Inspiration pic from internet: Red and white stars

I did windows in May last year!
 

Enough for now, Peeps! Gotta' get stuff done! Sewing to do!

Happy April! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!