Monday, April 19, 2021

Sew Along Update - Week 8

Two months! Gee whiz, time sure does fly! Back in March when we began this sew along, I wasn't sure I could sustain a weekly report on our goings-on, but it has been easy as can be to update.

Today's update involves all points of the sew along spectrum - planning a quilt, stitching the blocks, and finishing the binding.

Planning a quilt, you say? Yes. That would be me. Very sheepishly, I admit that I am planning to make another Spring Dreams quilt.

 

The stars aligned perfectly for such a notion. I attended retreat, where attendees had 20% off purchases made throughout the week. The shop had Sanctuary, the new fabric just out from 3 Sisters/Moda. Additional discounts were available on precuts. Well, . . . there's only so much enticing a gal can take, don't you know! This was too good to pass up.

I might start as soon as this week on my Sanctuary Spring Dreams.

 A progress picture came in from Dee while I was at retreat. She writes "I finally have everything sliced up and ready to put together in nines." What an absolutely scrumptious quilt she has under way.  If you note, Dee is setting her 9-patches with 5 darks/4 lights. I am very interested to see how this changes the look when put together. I know those darks will form a lovely chain across the quilt, which is the look Dee is striving for.


And as for binding, above is my Scrappy Spring Dreams, quilted, bound and DONE. I'd quilted it prior to retreat with the intention of adding the binding and stitching it down while at retreat. Mission accomplished as I got 'er done about midweek, and since it was the smallest version, was quick as a breeze. 

Where are you in your Spring Dreams progress? Just buying fabric? Slicing and dicing for 9-patches? Quilting and binding? Wherever you are, I hope you are  enjoying the process as you create a beautiful quilt!

Happy Monday, Dear Readers!





1 comment:

  1. Your new fabrics are beautiful, the new spring breeze will be lovely. Congratulations on the complete finish of scrappy spring breeze. The retreat sounds wonderful, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!