Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Sharon Finished Her Double Irish Chain!

 


Yesterday was a fun and productive day of sewing with Sharon. And she had a big finish by day's end! The final stitches went in on her navy and white Double Irish Chain. It looks so, so good. We are seriously thinking about making another one in a scrappy style. 

More on that later. Let's see Sharon's quilt.

As expected, the final looks amazing. It's just plain hard to go wrong with a blue and white quilt, don't you know! 


 

Sharon and I began our Double Irish Chain journey about a month ago; click here to see our early construction stage. Her navy and my Regatta (a Kona color) both look fantastic. Here's mine, just to show you the difference in blues.

I hadn't been planning to add any borders on mine, but Sharon has an idea for bordering hers, and I rather like it, so I might change my mind. She has just barely enough blue left to do a small containment border and then a larger white border. I've got plenty of remaining blue, so it would be a fairly simple addition.

That's all for today, Peeps! Gotta' go press about 70 9-patches for this new Spring Dreams I am making with my Sanctuary fabric.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!