Thursday, April 8, 2021

Way-Back Machine, part 2

We are still in the late 1980s today with a look at a different Double Irish Chain. Still just two colors, this one was made for Dear Daughter #1, Erin. Born in 1985, Erin was likely getting a big-girl bed and needed a quilt, of course.

The color is indicative of a popular color from the late '80s - dusty rose. Both fabrics are calico-type prints, and I was just sure it would become a classic favorite for Erin. I don't recall that she was ever very enamored by this quilt; as she got older, it was relegated to being folded up in the top of the closet, or covered with something more kid-oriented.
 

I am having a hard time remembering who quilted this quilt. More than likely, I had my grandmother do it for me. However, I have a bit of doubt. Because it is all cross-hatch quilted, even into the borders, I wonder if I might have done this one? Maybe? I don't know what quilting frame I would have used, because I am sure this quilt was made before I had my Q-Snap frame. I don't remember a hoop, either. I guess I have a mystery on my hands.


My pictures show varying shades of that dusty rose color, and I blame the natural light in the room at the time I was snapping them. The sun was fierce; I closed the curtains, waited on cloud cover, tried all sorts tricks to affect the lighting and get a true read on the color. The top pic is most accurate.

Tomorrow, I will have one more Double Irish Chain to share from the way-back machine. I really did get on a roll with this pattern. After that, I hope to be far enough along on my present-day sewing to show you a new Double Irish Chain.

Housekeeping Note: I tinkered around a little bit with the settings on the blog, attempting to remedy a problem with readers' ability to email me. If you are ever inclined to ask about anything that you don't want to leave in a comment, try the form in the sidebar (laptop version), or go to my 'about' profile to click the email link.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!