Saturday, April 3, 2021

Making Plans

In recent posts, I have alluded to all the ideas I am having for new quilts to make. There seems to be no end to the possibilities, and as long as I can continue using up fabric in my stash, I see nothing wrong with starting all these new projects.

Sitting atop my list are two in particular that I have set nearby for relatively immediate attention. First, let's talk about a 2-color Double Irish Chain made with solids. It so happens that I have a healthy stash of white and cream from which to pull. That takes care of the background.

For the color, I've been wanting to make a blue and white quilt, so I turned to some sale fabric I bought about three years ago. This color is Regatta, a Kona solid; I have 3 yards of it and seeing this combination come together in the classic Double Irish Chain will be a true delight.

Sharon is making one, too, also blue and white, and has already begun hers. We are using the Eleanor Burns pattern from - what - 30 years ago? One of the very first quilts I ever made used this pattern, and Sharon was actually able to find her pattern from all those many years ago. It was meant to be, right?

The second quilt waiting in the wings is Lil' Orphan Scrappy from Sew'n Wild Oaks. My cyber friend Lynn Wilder is the designer. I have admired this quilt for years - I remember when she was making it and showing her progress on her blog. I finally decided it was time to take action last year some time when I bought the pattern. Since then, I have been setting aside fat quarters and perhaps I will "git to gittin'" on this beauty come summer time.

But first, I've got some things to finish, so I must restrain myself. First, the T-shirt commission is my most urgent finish. It needs quilting and binding. Then, I need to finish some of the WIPs I seem to have accumulated lately: the red and white stars, the blue Kaffe Fassett stars, maybe quilt one or two of the Spring Dreams Sew Along quilts, too. The 4-patch scrappy quilt needs more blocks, and there's always Lake Effect.

Whew! I never seem to run out of projects. And isn't that a good thing?

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!