Thursday, November 11, 2021

Tackling #12 on the 2021 Goals List

In yesterday's post, I shared my goals list for the year and explained that I had cut out all the necessary parts for Lunch Box Social (item #14 on the list) in preparation for a day of sewing with Frienzies. Since that was set aside, I needed something to work on last night, so I figured why not go ahead and start on one of the other green arrows (see yesterday's post). 

And that is exactly what I have done.

My item #12 is rather vaguely listed - use my Temecula fabric in a to-be-determined quilt. Well, sometime over the summer I determined what quilt it would be. Or rather what block I wanted to use.

This block is called Baby Bunting, according to the giant out-of-print tome 501 Rotary-Cut Blocks by Judy Hopkins. I love looking at that book! With all those blocks and size options, why a quilter can dream and plan and wish for hours! My Baby Bunting will finish at 8" square. I haven't gotten so far into the process yet to determine how many I will need to make.

 I'd been wanting to make a little basket quilt, and this is such a sweet little block. I thought that the great mix of all the backgrounds and colorful prints from my 3 collections of Temecula fabric would afford me a really sweet quilt. So here we go. Another start!

The cutting instructions yield 2 blocks which I like. I will have a variety of backgrounds as well as a variety of colors. Prints galore!

As I stitch, I am planning the layout. I believe I will place the blocks on point, and for setting blocks, I am considering a stepping stone layout so that there will be chains across the quilt. That's my initial thought, at least. Maybe by the time I finish making baskets I will have changed my mind. We'll see. Plenty of time before I get to that point, certainly.

Don't you just love the planning stages of a quilt? I sure enjoy dreaming of how it will look and evolve as I work. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!