Friday, September 16, 2022

Another Diversion

Because one always needs another project, I dove into a new one this week. On Tuesday, I had a wild hair (hare?) and pulled a big armload of Kaffe Fassett/Westminster fabrics and began the creating process.

The Kaffe/Westminster tubs desperately need to be sorted and straightened out, as I have forgotten about half of what is in them. But these bits, above, were pulled and brought into some semblance of order. (That sorting and straightening business can wait.)

Folded and pleasingly stacked, I could begin envisioning some possibilities. One early thought was to use that blue/cream fabric on the left as a background for the quilt I was planning. However, the next couple pictures will show the different direction I eventually took.

Instead of the light print, I dug into another tub - the one filled with solids. These are mostly quite old fabrics that have been given to me, and not all of them are 100% cotton. But I keep them for 'just in case' purposes.

The block above is my prototype. I'd been noticing some quilts on line recently that featured these clean lines and thought I'd give it a whirl. I like this, so I made some more. 

I really like this for a baby (!) quilt. The size would be (roughly) 45"x57". I have not sewn these 9 blocks together yet as I am considering making a different center block. In my eye, that center one is too dark to be included. I am letting this marinate for a bit longer; soon I will make a move.

And so, the wild ride continues - starting new stuff one project after another. I do like this helter-skelter method. I have never been one to work exclusively on one project start to finish; having a dozen or so irons in the fire suits me just fine. 

May 25th: Favourite Sewing Memes! – 3and3quarters
(from a Google search)

 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!