Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Froggy Baby Quilt - Quilted!

Earlier this summer I made this baby boy quilt top purely on a whim. A couple of things motivated me - I'd just been told of a couple of pending male births and I still had leftover suitable blue fabrics on the cutting table. Click back to this June post to read a bit further on my decision-making process (such that it was).

Quilting took place on Friday afternoon, complete with all the requisite grumbling and fussing. The issue continues to be the tension, and I suppose I need to just resign myself to applying a small practice piece onto the top/side of each future quilt for testing purposes. Anyway, this one is done, and it will suffice.

The backing is made from leftovers of two pieces used in the quilt - the stripe and the geometric print. I like getting rid of fabrics I will have no further need for yet could not bear to throw away. 

 

Rather than hand-tack the binding, I opted to machine stitch it. Being a baby quilt, it is likely going to be laundered regularly and the machine stitching will be much more sturdy for rough and tough treatment.

I've even attached my little label, so it really is done. The only thing left is to decide which of the new baby boys will get this quilt. I have one more awaiting quilting, and the other little lad will get it. The two quilts offer up entirely different vibes - this one is is fun and playful; the other one is precious and sweet. 

It's hump day! Peak of the week! Hope your Wednesday is fantastic!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!