Thursday, September 15, 2022

William Morris

Don't forget about William! 


Yes, I am still plugging away on my scrappy William Morris quilt, and it has been really tricky since running so low on light/neutrals. I must just accept that this quilt will look very little like the Lynn Wilder quilt Lil' Orphan Scrappy, and I must be okay with this! I am okay with this. My quilt will be lovely, and I am using a big ol' collection of scraps. Win-win.

In the photo above, you see several things I will note. First, some blocks have outer triangles that are dark, some have outer triangles that are light, and one has a mix of light, medium and dark. I will attempt to place the blocks in such a way as to make them look evenly sprinkled throughout the quilt. 

Another thing to note is the outer border - that pointy, zig-zag look. I am trying really hard to maintain this around the entire quilt, thus keeping at least this one feature true to the original.

I've made bunch of border units with the 3 neutrals I still have. They are in short supply! Now I am beginning to stitch the quilt top together. I have it laid out on our guest bed and move blocks around to get the look I want. 

More than likely there will be a gazillion little 'tweaks' as I sew the top together, but I vow that this quilt will be finished with the existing stash. And it will be a beauty. These fabrics are just so freaking luscious!

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!