Thursday, September 29, 2022

Hexies

Grandmother's Flower Garden has always been a favorite quilt design of mine, but making one sure does seem like it would take a whole lotta' time. And while I do enjoy sitting of an evening with these hexies in my lap and a needle in my hand, I don't think I am going to continue any further with making more.


So I have come up with another idea. I will take these 19 hexie flowers and attach them sorta' like what you see here. Once they are attached, I will applique them to a cloth and VOILA! I have a pretty table cloth.

Even this downsized hexie project is sure to take me some time, and I don't have any idea when I will ever finish. I guess that's the way with some quilt projects. Just like a gardener who plants seeds and saplings for future enjoyment and beauty, so it is with quilting. Those tiny 2-inch bits of fabric have slowly become my own little flowers, and my Grandmother's Flower Garden grows into a miniature, adapted version of the traditional one.

Before the day is out, I hope to have the William Morris quilt top stitched together. It is turning out so
very nicely. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!