Monday, September 12, 2022

Totally Finished 3-Yard Quilt

In the previous post, I told you all about the tension trouble I had on the long arm, and the methods I used to correct the problems. My resulting quilt out of that rather intense session at the Tin Lizzie is one I am very proud of.

I made this quilt top at the Nelsonville Retreat last month. It is one of those 3-yard quilts called Crossroads. Read more about it here. Ever since I've had it pinned to the design wall. Being out in the open like that, one cannot forget about finishing, so I found some decent backing fabric and got busy.

The backing had to be pieced from two different colorways of the same fabric. The fact that it is such an understated gray print helped me in deciding to use this.

I made the binding from the cut-away parts of the backing. It made sense to keep going and get'er done, so I did. I worked on tacking the binding during odd bits of time on Friday and Saturday. 

Getting myself back on that long arm machine is an absolute must. The quilt top situation around here is beginning to overwhelm me - and it's about time I dedicated some good long days to quilting.

Are getting some good things done today? I always seem to be motivated as we begin a new week. Hope your Monday is awesome!

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!