Monday, December 12, 2022

Slow Stitching

I have exactly 31 minutes to get in on the party at Kathy's Quilts. I will be brief, therefore, and since my progress on this has been limited, brevity is called for.

Fall Foliage is a lap-size  quilt made many years ago, and has been in the quilt frame for 4-5 years.

I took the frame down before Thanksgiving and just this last week have gotten it set up again. I put it here in front of the television, yet I have to jerry-rig my lighting and work surface. It works, but it sure looks precarious, doesn't it? I am more likely to quilt when we watch TV in the evenings, especially when watching sports.

To keep myself motivated, I take some slick measures to ensure that I come back to the quilting regularly. One of the best tricks I use on myself is to always keep three needles threaded. If the needles are ready to go, it is easy to sit down and go straight to stitching. 

I also try to use all three needles in one quilting session. That means I am moving at a good pace, and it means that I am nearly ready to move the quilt to a different section.

Progress!

I am getting in on Slow Sunday Stitching just under the time limit. (Now down to 14 minutes!) Hope you are having a great day, and a wonderful week!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!