Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Mondo Bag

Missing so many days of posting was not my plan, but alas, the days lately have been full-to-brimming with Christmas preparations, parties and Baby Cate.

And very little time sewing or quilting.

 I can now reveal one gift that has been given. We Frankfort Girls had our Christmas gathering last Friday with a lovely breakfast at a quaint primitive cabin in town, and later our gift exchange at Sheryll's festive home. Sheryll's husband Bill took our picture.

In a recent post, I mentioned some secret sewing I'd been doing. No longer a secret, I was making a Mondo Bag for Becky. As the months passed since we drew names, I overheard Becky say she'd love to have a Mondo Bag. And since I happened to have a spare pattern, as well as a healthy stash of 2.50-inch squares, this was a no-brainer!

The squares I used were all Becky's! We had a 2.5-inch square exchange earlier and as luck would have it, I got Becky's - what a coincidence! I stitched up a Mondo Bag for Becky with squares acquired from Becky.

 

By my calculations, this makes the 4th Mondo Bag I've made over the years. Besides one for myself, each of my daughters have one, and now Becky. When we had our family Christmas celebration here on Saturday, Emma actually used her Mondo Bag to carry gifts.


 Click here to see my first MB, and you can also read about my making the second and third.

Hopefully, I can get back to more regular posting now that the busiest of my holiday obligations are completed. I have been sewing at last and have a few more things to share.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!