Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Holiday Mish-Mash

Such a plethora of diverse activities have been going on around here. Instead of building a short post attempting to bring them all together somehow, let's just go with the idea that the "deadline" of Christmas brings all manner of little tasks that need doing, and somehow we get them all done. And we manage to include some down time, fun time and memories.


We did some cat-sitting this past week for DD Erin and her husband Jeff while they were away at his parents' for Christmas. These two, Betty and Rocky, have been quite entertaining. They also love lap time naps, and I have been toasty warm in these recent frigid days thanks to the kitties.

I mended a pair of expensive gloves for SIL Jeff. It was a small tear from wool to leather, and I fixed with a needle and sturdy black thread.


Mom asked me to reattach this "silky" binding to a used baby blanket. With so many new babies in our family this year, I wasn't sure which child this was going to, but I did my best. These little buggers are not easy. On the upside, though, I did get to play around some with decorative stitches on my Bernina. If you don't inspect too closely, it's a passable job. 

And it ended up that it was to go to my niece Abby who was the original owner of this baby blanket; now it will be used for her 5-month old, Boone. Sweet.

On Christmas Day, DH and DD Emma and I attended the family gathering at my sister's house. What a houseful of babies and little people! The dynamics have certainly changed for us all!

Christmas Night and yesterday morning, I accomplished a 500-piece puzzle of the Amalfi Coast. Ahhh, such a pretty place. We've recorded a bunch of holiday movies, so those were playing while I puzzled. Gotta' multi-task!

I have done a bit of stitching. I have made more than enough of these 9-patches, so let the top construction begin! I am eager to show you how great it looks.

Not quite ready to take down the tree just yet. I enjoy a quiet morning with coffee in my new mug - thank you, Sharon, for the gift! It holds a lot!!

Today the kitties go home, which means we get to see Cate this afternoon! DD Erin send this sweet photo this morning of the happy girl. Looks like she's a morning person!

Tomorrow morning I will have a special breakfast get together with some of the Frankfort girls, and then maybe the rest of the day can be devoted to stitching on those 9-patches. 

I hope you have had some pleasant tasks to keep your heart singing through these blessed days of Christmas!

Happy Quilting, Friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!