Friday, December 30, 2022

2022 Yearly Review

I generally don't get around to wrapping up a year until at least a week into the new year, so I am attempting to be more proactive this time around. Shall we take a walk through the quilting highlights of 2022 together?

January was spent in Florida, so actual sewing was extremely limited. I took some things to work on, but did very little. This one little quilt is all that was made start-to-finish, and it has been quilted since, so it really is finished!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEimQ_eAil2Aw7w0iKCNLuCG_B-C5q1zUpk0T47mhTlIXmDFcKPHOGuFXGCnfHaBYw08yQF4F1C5huIKO_StTYiJwNXUcxIjKPMTG9sf1mqgsQ-KjEfD88I5mPyi5OqvVR0tY2VVwaWdpZ80vHbNFKZAyRxIArlp5lb3dw5Bssd7p8K9-l8e9xPKEV4=s640 

In February, I got down to some serious sewing business. Not only did I make a colorful baby quilt and Temecula Baskets, I also long-armed a couple of things! In looking back, I am rather impressed by my productivity.

One-year-old Emery makes regular use of her colorful quilt, and my basket quilt is still folded over a hanger in the closet.  

In addition to the quilt tops, I made progress on the long arm with the baby quilt pictured above, and a quilt top from years earlier.

March through December, I stepped up and stayed focused on quilt tops and long arming. The enjoyment of so much sewing has made the year one of the best yet.

The page dedicated to this year's finishes outlines all the particulars, if you care to investigate. There is another page dedicated to quilts that have been long armed, and I've separated the finishes by year.

As I look back on the year's accomplishments, a few quilts are worth singling out; finishing them has really given me quite a bit of satisfaction. First, my goal to make Lyn Wilder's pattern called Lil' Orphan Scrappy with my stash of William Morris fabrics. It was a gargantuan project, and many years in the planning. It came together beautifully, and once I figure out what to back it with, I will quilt it.

Making a red and white Double Irish Chain was one quilt that I was also proud to make. The red I used came from fabric that was in my grandmother's quilt things that I now have. It is the cheapest of fabrics, and this quilt will NEVER be able to laundered, as the red will just bleed like crazy all over that white. I plan to add a label that says as much.

And the last quilt I will highlight is Great Granny Squared. I used fabrics that are bright and cheerful, and it will be gorgeous once quilted.

I mustn't finish a review of the year without including some major progress with the Tin Lizzie long arm machine. I continue to grow in confidence with the machine and goals for the new year will definitely involve much more long arming. Even with the occasional catastrophe with the dreaded "eyelashes" have all been, in the long run, useful in teaching me valuable lessons.

Quilting all the Special Kay quilts was a special goal to meet, as well as a sweet baby quilt for our darling Catherine.

Now, that mention a bit ago about next year's goals presents a project that I continue to work on. Hopefully, I won't be so long in finalizing it as I was this past January.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!