Friday, December 2, 2022

November Wrap-Up

I won't let November get too distant in the rear view mirror without sharing my collage of highlights. With a 1-month-old granddaughter to delight us, the collage leans heavily in her direction.

TOP ROW: The pine tree quilt has begun but not gotten very far. This block and 3 others have been constructed, and I stopped. I am back in the pondering stage as I am not so sure I'm loving this excess of greens. Next we have Auntie Emma holding a very newborn Cate. And last, Grampa Kevin and I planted a tree at our house in honor of Cate.

MIDDLE ROW: I quilted a baby quilt and gifted it to nephew Donnie and his wife Elisa as they welcomed their third baby boy in August. Baby Cate is resting on a Granny-made quilt that I whipped up at the last minute just before her birth. Read about it here. And yes, that's another Baby Cate picture, this time with me.

BOTTOM ROW: My mother, fondly known to all the grandkids as Granny Jeannie, met Cate at our house when we hosted Thanksgiving. Mom has three new great-grandbabies this year. How special! Another adorable picture of Cate - she is definitely changing fast! And at the end of the month, I quickly quilted up this colorful quilt, which I've yet to blog about. (That's coming soon!)

We enjoy weekly visits with our daughter and granddaughter which has cut into my sewing time, for sure, but I do not mind in the least! A baby is only tiny like this for such a fleeting moment - I want to enjoy as much of her as possible.

Have no fear, though! I continue to stay busy in the quilting rooms. I am thrilled to report that I've quilted another quilt to get December off to a good solid start. That long arm machine is intimidating me less and less all the time.  To see the quilt I worked on yesterday, click here.

And here is a quilt I hope to load on next - Snowflakes At Dusk. It's a Thimbleberries pattern, and I recall it as the first quilt completed after retiring from teaching. Made in January 2010, it goes back quite a ways. It's a whopper! I will have to build my resolve and determination to do it.

I am off to Frankfort for a morning of socializing and stitching with the Frankfort Girls. It will be so nice catching up with all of them!

Happy Quilting, Friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!