Sunday, December 4, 2022

Binding a Quilt

The nice thing about quilting is that one can change her focus depending on her mood or her needs. If I'm in the mood for mindless piecing, I can do that; if I'm in the mood for long-arming, I can do that. Or, in my case this past week, I needed a hand-stitching project to take to our Frankfort Girls gathering on Friday morning. 

Yes, I know I have several hand-stitching projects already in the works, but I also wanted to take a show and tell - a finish, in other words. 

This little baby quilt met both needs. 

I bought the fabrics in May, stitched the quilt in August, and quilted it on Thursday. I took it with me on Friday morning to stitch down the binding. 


I absolutely fell in love with these two prints when I saw them at Mae-Lynne Makers while at our quilt retreat in May. Having a granddaughter on the way (at that time), I couldn't resist. It made up so fast, as you can imagine. Nothing is more satisfyingly fast than a stack of 9-patch blocks. 

I placed them on-point and used the dark pink to fill in as setting triangles to form a border. Easy-peasy!


I had enough of the lighter pink to use as the backing, and in no time the quilting was done, and I was stitching binding. It is now completed and waiting for the label to be affixed.
 

Now that Cate is here - 1 month old already! - she needs this quilt, right? Well, it will soon be on its way to the nursery.

I'm joining the talented stitchers at Kathy's Quilts and today's Slow Sunday Stitching party. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Of course Cate needs her pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new granddaughter Cate! That quilt will be a treasured keepsake for her. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!