Thursday, December 29, 2022

Last Quilt of the Year

As we close out 2022, I find myself attempting to finish one last quilt top. As of Tuesday, I thought it was done, but the more I think on it, the more I want it to be just a bit bigger.

So I am adding one more row wide.

This means I need to make 13 more blocks - 6 with red and 7 without.The blocks are 9-patches and it will take no time at all to crank them out.

Currently, the quilt is 13 blocks long and 11 blocks wide. With 6" blocks, this comes to 78" x 66". With one more column of blocks, I'd end up with a 78" x 72" quilt, and that would suit our queen bed much better.

Now, here's the catch - which isn't really a catch at all. I'd been using all the scraps I could from the big zip-lock bag of 2.5" squares I had after our exchange. I am left with only a tiny stack of very light neutrals, and I will need more variety than that. Click here to read about our exchange and to see the bag when it was full.

You know why there is no catch, right? I have mountains of scraps of my own! Just take a look at this little tub of ready-to-go 2.5" squares.

Sorting through this will be fun; revisiting old projects and sorting out those bits that are of a reproduction-style design. Then, cut, sew, snip, stitch, and voila! Thirteen additional 9-patches ready to add.

My self-imposed goal is to have this completed before the end of the year. 

It is definitely doable.

To see my inspiration for this quilt and the very beginning, click here.

Happy Quilting, Friends!








1 comment:

  1. She's a beauty, maybe you can put her in the quilting frame, after you get the rows finished, on New Years Day so she can be first total finish of 2023! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!