Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome to August!

I dragged the cutting mat, the iron and ironing mat, a basket full of fabric and other miscellaneous quilting and sewing stuff out of the sewing room and down to the kitchen counters. Sharon came over with all her supplies, and we got to work.

As I mentioned yesterday, Sharon had begun a blue Kaffe Fassett quilt called Blue Frothy (or something like that). And as I hoped, that was what she worked on today! Sigh, can one get enough of the blues of Westminster Fibers??? I think not!

Aren't these wonderful?

By the end of the afternoon, Sharon had these blocks laid out on the family room floor.
My sewing got off to a bit of a rough start. I'd planned to work on Kevin's OSU t-shirt quilt, however instead of having a healthy stash of iron-on interfacing turned out to be sew-in interfacing...bummer. I ended up putting all of that stuff aside.

Moving on to Plan B, I began cutting pastel Kaffe fabrics for the surprise quilt. I had a perfectly dreamy afternoon of cutting these lovelies...



Everything is right with the world when you get to spend an afternoon pressing, measuring and cutting lovelies like these.

No blogging or quilting from me for a couple of days. We are going to OU for freshman orientation  with Emma.

4 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the way you shared a wonderful post. Second last is so colorful and the best combination of flowers colour and background colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your article in one of the website and I stumbled here. I visited your all blog post and wonder to watch your creation, I have so many fabric but never think to do on this way.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!