Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Little Box Of Binding

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I made too much binding for a quilt I was finishing. I couldn't bear to throw out the excess binding, so I wound it up and stored it away in its very own little box. Over time, I made more bindings and each time, leftovers were saved in the little box.

Over the weekend, I needed a little binding to use on that Cheddar and Crackers doll quilt, so I went to the magical binding box, hoping I'd find something I could use. It would save me so much time if I could just find the right binding there. If I had to go digging around through all the drawers, bins and tubs to find a fabric - well, that would have taken me forever.


And all the stars were aligned, and the time change gave me an extra hour, and I finished my doll quilt, and all was right with the world. What a great story, eh?

I had a tiny bit of binding left, and I saved it in the little box of excess bindings. You just never know when you'll have a mug mat or a potholder or some itty-bitty project that needs this red binding.


I I just love it when a great idea plays out so well. Don't you?!?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely story. If only things could always work out like that.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!