Sunday, November 9, 2014

Whoo-hoo!

All eyes have been on the Buckeyes and we beat Michigan State! Soundly!

All's well in Ohio today.

I spent most of the game working on quilting Long Road Home. I am making good progress, and really enjoy seeing so much of it done.

My usual method is to load three needles, and try to quilt those three needles each day. Now, I've taken a few days off lately, giving my fingers a chance to heal a bit. Today, I quilted 6 needles. That's huge.

I also picked up a crochet hook, and attempted to teach myself to crochet. Not pretty, but I think I could get the hang of it. DD Emma is home from OU this weekend and she brought home a knitting project that she's been working on. I felt compelled to knit 2-3 rows, too. It's been awhile since I've knit anything, so I was glad to refresh my memory of doing it. Everyone is in the needle arts mood, I guess.

We are off to a family reunion today - family from my father's side. Hoping to see a lot of cousins I've not seen in awhile, as well as one remaining uncle.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. In the past I always preferred crochet (I taught myself too) to knitting, I think cos I can see results quicker, but right now I am finding knitting very relaxing and just what I need at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those one remaining souls from the generation before us. Want to pepper them with so many questions and tell us about.... love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!