Tuesday, November 11, 2014

An Annual Tradition

We Frienzies have an annual tradition for Veterans' Day. Back when we were all still working, Sherrie began asking us to come to her house for sewing, since we all had the day off. (Don't worry; we pay proper respect to our veterans, too!)


In the beginning we had all-nighters. Those were fun, but after several years, we just couldn't last that long. Suffice it to say, we have evolved over time to what we are doing today - sewing from 9-5.

Yesterday you saw the pile of UFOs I hope to finish these next 6 weeks, so I am planning on getting some of that finished. I think I will definitely put corrected borders on the paper-pieced quilt.


Above is the quilt without borders, and below is mid-way through the removal of borders. The blocks are paper-pieced, and I removed the paper before adding the borders. This was a bad idea; I had wonky borders because the bias edges stretched out. I should know better and that's what I get for trying to take shortcuts. Fix will be completed by day's end.

This is my tumbler quilt. I have another part that is smaller and I want to attach it to this part. Then I will put a border on, maybe two. It will end up being a throw-sized finish. I would like to get this done today as well.

With all the eating, visiting, laughing, and silliness, I expect I will be doing well if I can accomplish these goals.

Pictures will follow of all our fun! Click here to see some pictures of previous Veterans' Day sewing: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009 .

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!