Thursday, November 13, 2014

Friends in Sanibel - Part 1

I'm scheduling a few posts for while I am away on a long weekend trip with DH. Back in September, DH and I decided that we'd like to go to an away Ohio State game. DH thought it'd be fun to go to Minnesota, and so we proceeded with making plans. Our new son-in-law is from the Twin Cities, and so we invited the newlyweds to go with is, and make it a family affair. We are hoping to connect with his mother, aunts, cousins, and any other friend and family we can muster up.

The thing we didn't consider as much as we might have is the weather in Minnesota in November. Yes, this weekend is the game, and we've been following MN weather -- they have about 20" of snow. The forecast for Saturday game time, is 21 degrees, windy and snowy. Won't we be having fun??

GO BUCKS!

Since we will be gone for several days, I have a few posts to fill the void. Two Frienzies, Kay and Sherrie, went to Sanibel Island, FL, about a month ago for a week of sewing. Kay sent many updates while they were there, and I'm just now getting to a point where I can get them organized and edited for you to enjoy.



The condo has a balcony, so all the week's projects were hung out for a photo op. What a show, right?!

Those who participated are many of the same ladies who show up for part or all of our annual June Quilt Camp - Georgia, Linda, Pat, Maria, and of course, Sherrie and Kay.

So let's see some close ups over the next few days. I have no idea what order to go in, but I'll come up with something.

While I'm traveling, I will be taking my little box of 2.5" squares; I will be making some 9-patches or some 16-patches, or both!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!