Friday, January 29, 2016

Retail Therapy aka Stash Enhancement

It has been a very long time since I bought any new fabric. I have done remarkably well at shopping from my stash. Yesterday, though, I found myself in dire need of some Bottom Line thread for a quilt I am getting ready to do, and so I jaunted in to Old Town Fabrics for a couple of spools.

And while I was there, I thought I really ought to treat myself to some half-yard cuts just for stash building, you know. *wink*


Old Town does a bit of incentivizing on these. There is a big basket always full of them, and you get 5 for $20. That works out to 2.5 yards for a decent price. I selected 3 neutrals, plus a cheddar and a purple - two colors that I typically have in very limited variety. Now I am a happy camper, and I can stop procrastinating about getting this quilt finished!

More on that tomorrow, hopefully.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. New thread, new fabrics...always makes for a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabrics, Jayne. I keep fighting with myself about buying fabrics (even in the form of shirts from the thrift store). My collection keeps getting bigger and bigger and I'm sewing and quilting no faster than before. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!