Friday, July 21, 2017

Progress on July UFO

After missing my goal in June of finishing my UFO, I am determined to complete my July UFO. I have finished the final 2 blocks, and later today I am ready to sew borders. I prepped a big pile of 2.5-inch strips to be formed into little units that become a checkerboard-type border. I am chomping at the bit to get started. Here are the last two blocks, November and December. Click here to find additional information on this quilt's background.



I will also have to do a quick fix-it job on that December block. I don't mind that I occasionally lose points on my intersections, but the base of that basket is just too far off. I will definitely be picking it out and fixing little boo-boo.


All of that must wait until this afternoon, however, as this morning I am prepared to head over to Hillsboro to deliver the memory quilt to Shirley. I ended up adding more quilting to it yesterday, and I am much happier with how it looks. Much more 'finished-looking,' I believe. My mom and sister are going along for the delivery, so we will have a nice visit. Then this evening, I have agreed to help my neighbor with a 4-H fair booth project. My neighbor is the 4-H adviser for the club both my girls were in, so when she called a week or so ago for assistance with a booth project, I was happy to help. I will try to get pictures and share with you all the youthful exuberance in a later post.

Have a productive day!
Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!