Sunday, July 9, 2017

Making Hexies - A Few at a Time

I try to have several hexies always ready to be stitched, that way whenever the mood strikes me to do some hand stitching, I have something ready to go. These two orange flowers are the last two of my prepped hexies, so I must get busy prepping some more. I stitched these orange beauties yesterday while we were on the road to see our younger DD in Athens. The trip takes about an hour and a half one way, so I had plenty of time to finish them off.


I need to start considering what I will do with all my little flowers. Here's a picture taken several weeks ago of a few of my hexies, and there are certainly more now.




You may remember this little quilt from sewing friend Becky. With this, she illustrates that the hexie project doesn't have to be big or involved. This is just as sweet and simple as can be and would be an easy way to use some of the flowers I have been making. I have, of course, looked at a bazillion possibilities on Pinterest and have found oodles of things I love. One thing that makes it tricky for me, in my opinion, is that my hexies are so random and scrappy, whereas most of the projects that appealed to me were more planned  - like similar colors, for example. I have a few hexies that are batik, some that are bright, some that are reproduction, some that are pastel - I'm all over the place.

And here's what I will do: just keep on making hexies until I decide I have enough of them to do something fun. I have no expectation, so I won't be disappointed, right?

I am linking to today's Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts. She hosts this party weekly to celebrate the benefits of hand stitching. It is something I enjoy, and love to see what other quilters are working on.

Have a great week!
Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Making hexies is like have bunnies. . . they are so fun to make that they keep multiplying. You'll have enough for a larger project in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!