Saturday, March 10, 2018

Prairie Vine Blocks Completed

On Monday when Sharon was here, I made 4 blocks for Prairie Vine, and on Wednesday, I made the remaining 3. Now all 16 blocks are finished and hanging on my design wall. They make me very happy in all their old-fashioned scrappiness.


I have my sashing print set aside as well as border fabric. The sashing will be about 3" wide, with cornerstones of 9-patch blocks. I will need 25, so I suppose that will be my next bit to work on. See the magazine cover below for a picture. My border and sashing fabrics are very similar to those in the photo.


On the border, a vine and a ga-zillion leaves need to be appliqued. I have taken the pattern to be copied onto card-stock paper.  Those now need to be cut out and leaf-prepping will have to begin. This could be a long, drawn-out process, but I am not minding a bit. The quilt is so pretty that it will be worth the time (and tedium?) of doing applique - a branch of quilting that intimidates me.

Wish me well in my endeavor! Are you challenging yourself this year?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. This is looking so pretty. I like the photo on the magazine cover. What am I doing today? I'm sewing zigzag borders on Nearly Insane! Now, to find the fabric for the 'perfect' out side border. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks, i like the scrappy look

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!