Saturday, March 17, 2018

Big Day Ahead!

Today is a very big day for me! Not only is it St. Patrick's Day, but a special quilting guest is teaching at Old Town Fabric Shop in Chillicothe! THE one and only Carrie Nelson, one of my "most favorite-est" quilting rock stars is here - and YES!! I will be there!

OH, HAPPY DAY!!

The prolific quilter, pattern designer, author and founder of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company was here yesterday teaching a class on Moda Cake Mix, and today a class on her new pattern, Village.


Above is Carrie shown with her beloved Rosie. What a tearful blogpost a few years ago when Carrie shared the news that Rosie had passed. Carrie has such a great writer's voice that I felt as if my own life-long pet had died! It will be fun to finally meet her. (I'm giddy with anticipation!)



The pattern, as I said, is Village; the image above was taken from the Fat Quarter Shop website. The pattern uses charm packs - up to 8 if we like. I think I will go with fewer and make a smaller quilt. I have packed my stash of Corey Yoder fabrics to use. I bought 4 charm packs last year that I still have. They will work fine and will make a lively, happy quilt.

All the fun will begin at 10:30 today. In addition to packing my machine and all the necessary equipment, I have all 7 of my Carrie Nelson quilt books ready to go in case my fandom kicks in and I need to get autographs. *grin*

I have made several of Carrie's quilts - off the top of my head let me list a few: Elizabeth, Tag Sale, Plan C, and several Schnibbles - yes, she is the brainiac behind that clever idea. I swore I was not going to fall for such a gimmick as Schnibbles, yet today I would guess I own about a dozen of those little patterns. *sheepish grin*

So, on this St. Patrick's Day, I will be stitching up a storm and having a blast with my new best friend, Carrie. I will be sure to share lots of pictures and anecdotes soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Love the pattern that you will be working on. Happy St. Patrick's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and looked at the quilts you listed. Elizabeth is my favorite, she's beautiful! Enjoy your workshop!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!