Sunday, June 2, 2019

More on That Baby Quilt

After the Frienzies event on Thursday, Sharon and I headed to the sewing room for some quilting work. She was finishing her scrappy 3 Sisters/Luna Notte quilt while I cut out and began stitching a baby quilt.


The fabric was purchased in April at a discount store in Jackson called Guhl's. I selected 4 complimenting fabrics, one of which was directional. This lent to the idea of simply cutting WOF (width of fabric) strips and stitching until I had a decent-sized baby quilt. You can see the ducks on blue water in the grouping above. That is the directional "feature" fabric I chose first. Then I searched out additional fabrics to work with this one. Quite by accident, I selected 3 fabrics from the same line, and all 4 are by the same designer! Way to go! And look at that cute-as-can-be selvage!



I have elected to go borderless on this quilt. And I have an idea of quilting it on my sewing machine with vertical wavy stitch lines. I have seen some of these on Instagram, and I like the look of that for baby quilts.

Short and sweet today, folks! A busy week of sewing ahead for me!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. The baby quilt is so sweet! And I agree, no borders. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!