Monday, June 24, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching; It's Been Awhile

My long-held negative attitude toward applique just may be turning a bit positive. In the past week or so I have been working on a little patriotic project that has just a bit of applique. After hearing about a technique called back-basting, I am trying it with some measure of success.




I have hopes of finishing this before the fast-approaching Independence Day celebrations. I did a nice little bit today, and worked on it Friday at Sheryll's/Frankfort Girls get together. I am getting better. See how well my stitches match the traced design on that picture above?

I haven't linked up in ages with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitches. Kathy is celebrating 7 years of slow Sundays! Congratulations!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. I rather love applique. It is wonderful that you are beginning to enjoy it. Your patriotic project is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up Jayne!
    I haven't tried back basting but it looks like something I might enjoy!
    Happy Slow Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love back basting! I pretty much only use that technique now.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!