Friday, June 21, 2019

Six Degrees, UFO, Up Next

My quandary this week as to what project to take up next has been solved. It seems that the desire to work on a UFO has won out. I found my thoughts returning repeatedly to those blocks waiting to be made for Six Degrees; it seemed too irresistible NOT to go for it. So let the UFO fun begin!



When I inspected the contents of the project tub earlier, just one of these blocks had been completed. The small 4-patch units were complete, and all I needed to do was to construct the full blocks. Easy-peasy! I had 12 pink ones finished in no time. Next up will be 24 blue ones and then 32 burgundy ones.

Another matter. A few posts back, I shared my preparations of the Simple Friendships 2 mini-quilt for hand quilting. Several folks both here and on Instagram had questions about the template I used to mark the quilting design. I provide the following pictures so that those interested can gauge the size and see the label on the template.


I believe I was given this template. I do not know what the information on this label means, but perhaps that 3-1/2" measurement refers to the height of each row fans.



The template itself is 8"x15". On the mini-quilt, it made marking very quick, for sure.

Ok, gotta go! The Frankfort Girls await! It's that time again for visiting and stitching this Friday morning from 9-noon. Yay!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!