Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Quilts By My Friends

It has been far too long since I last brought you any quilts made by the sweet ladies I quilt with on a regular basis. The Frankfort Girls, as I refer to them, are a prolific group, and do their best to keep me motivated and productive. We all feed off the energy of the rest, and a more wonderful group of quilters would be hard to find. I am so fortunate to be a part of them!

The three quilts below are all from Helen. The first is her 9-patch quilt using the exchange blocks we shared back in March.


This next quilt is Helen's Simple Friendships 2 quilt. Look! It's quilted! She worked on the binding the last time we were together.


Helen has a distinct fascination with penguins, so it was a natural for her to make this next quilt. I don't know if you can read it all, but she had our friend Jan embroider names for each penguin - Paula, Poppy, Phoebe, Porter, Pearl, Petunia, Preston, Polly, Paige, Penelope, Patty, Priscilla, Peyton, Parker, Prudence, Portia, Palmer, Pixie, Pamela and Pippa. Fun!!


Another member of our group, Terry, has also had a very productive few months - she has made lots and lots of mini quilts! Most, if not all, of the following quilts are very likely from the Simple Whatnots sew along. I don't know many details, as I am not participating. So rather than give inaccurate or incomplete information, I will just show the pictures. These are all minis.






This next quilt is a patriotic lap quilt that Terry was binding at our last gathering. It will be finished just in time for the Independence Day celebrations coming up next week.

Now, there are 7 total gals in this group, and I have just highlighted the work of Helen and Terry. The rest are equally productive, yet I just didn't seem to have the pictures of their work. Maybe they are shy about show and tell! *wink*

How is your productivity today? I hope to continue with yard work and sewing on Six Degrees.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!